The Angry River

feat. Father John Misty & S. I. Istwa

The emptiness that we confess In the dimmest hour of day.

在至暗的时刻,我们坦白自己的虚妄

In the common town, they make a sound Like the low, sad moan of prey.

在平凡的小镇,他们祈祷与呻吟那么悲伤

The bitter taste, the hidden face Of the lost forgotten child.

苦涩的滋味,躲藏的脸庞,消失的孩子已被遗忘

The darkest need, The slowest speed, The pattern reconciled.

黑暗的索求,缓慢的速度,那不断重演的模仿

These photographs mean nothing To the poison that they take.

他们深深咽下剧毒时,那些照片开始泛黄

Before a moment's glory The light begins to fade.

那即将到来的片刻荣耀开始消散荣光

The outward cost Of all we've lost As we looked the other way.

我们为失败付出代价,走在错误的道路上

We've paid the price for this cruel device Till we have nothing left to pay.

我们为残忍的诡计奔忙,我们已无物可偿

The river goes where the current flows The lightning must destroy.

那河水随波逐流,倒映狂吼的雷光

Events conspire to set a fire With the methods we employ.

我们的努力如此迷茫,在这阴谋的中央

These dead men walk on water A cold blood runs through their veins.

死者们穿过水面,冷血静静地流淌

The angry river rises As we step into the rain.

当我们步入暴雨时,河水开始上涨

These photographs mean nothing To the poison that they take

他们深深咽下剧毒时,那些照片开始泛黄

The angry river rises As we step into the rain.

当我们步入暴雨时,河水开始上涨

自译

上一章目录下一章
切换电脑版  返回顶部↑